Amin Rozani: 10 Movies that Inspire me
For an entrepreneur, at times it can get really difficult to stay committed and inspired all the time. When work starts taking its toll, chances are there that you can lose sight of the reason why you had started in the first place. However there are a number of ways in which you can stay calm and composed and at the same time those ways can get you back in the game. A way that has truly worked for me in terms of keeping me inspired is movies. Yes, they motivate me and the stories of those fictional characters remind me of the goal that I had in mind when I started my journey as an entrepreneur.
I am listing down my favourite movies, they have inspired and motivated me and I hope they will help you regain any inspiration you may have lost.
1. The Social Network: The story of how Mark Zuckerberg went from being a student to a multi-billionaire.
What I learnt: Some things are more important than school, it taught me that I can take chances on my ideas.
2. The Call of the Entrepreneur: A documentary about successful entrepreneurs from around the world.
What I learnt: It taught me how an entrepreneur helps a society and we as entrepreneurs have certain duties and responsibilities.
3. The Devil Wears Prada: A recent graduate student becomes the assistant of a fashion magazine's incredibly demanding editor in chief.
What I learnt: Hard work can take you places, even without having any prior experience in your field of interest. It’s recommended for freshers who are just out of college.
4. The Wolf of Wall Street: Based on the life of Jordan Belfort who became a billionaire through financial scamming.
What I learnt: Well I don't really endorse the ways in which they made money in this movie, though you can learn a thing or two regarding sales.
5. The Pursuit of Happyness: True story of a man called Chris Gardner who went from being a homeless, poor single father to a millionaire.
What I learnt: This one is my personal favourite, never give up on your dreams no matter what! Just keep trying.
6. Steve Jobs: How the world famous investor of Apple, became the icon that he is today.
What I learnt: If at first, you don't succeed, try again.
7. Moneyball: The manager of a sports team, on a budget, outsmarts the competition through creative and unconventional thinking.
What I learnt: Creative thinking is more important than anything else including budget. If you go about your business the right way, you don't need a huge amount of money.
8. Office Space: A satirical comedy about 3 employees working at a big tech corporation who hate their jobs.
What I learnt: It motivated me to leave my job that I was not enjoying, and started my journey towards entrepreneurship!
9. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag: The real-life story of the famous Olympian Milkha Singh, on how he fought all obstacles to become a world champion, Olympian and one of India's most iconic athletes.
What I learnt: Obstacles are a part of life, overcome them to achieve success. Keep relationships special and work on them.
10. 3 Idiots: 2 friends going out of their way on a road trip to find their long lost friend.
Keep reading GutshotMagazine.com for similar articles.
|Asia Open Poker Tour 2019||1 Nov - 4 Nov||TBD|
|APT Vietnam 2019||6 Nov - 17 Nov||VND 22 million|
|Paradise Poker Series 5||7 Nov - 11 Nov||KRW 1.1 million|
|Red Dragon JEJU 2019||9 Nov - 15 Nov||KRW 2.5 million|
|Club46 Japan High Roller Festival 9||15 Nov - 17 Nov||KRW 3.5 million|
|WPT Cambodia 2019||15 Nov - 25 Nov||$1,100|