Tips on How to Win Rummy
If you are looking for ways to improve your rummy game, then you are at the right place. The fact is the more you practice the better you become at the game. But our tips will help you stay ahead of all the other players.
Methods for being a winner at rummy every time:
• Get your priorities correct and this means melding a pure run is key. Once you have this, you can start focusing on other things.
• Be attentive and vigilant about what other players are doing. What other players abandon and pick from the open cards stack will give you a good idea about their game. This way you always know the right card to keep or discard.
• Always try to get rid of the cards with higher points. This is to ensure that if anyone shows the cards before you do, your deadwood points are diminished.
• Recall that a run can have more than 3 cards. This is a detail that many players do not use.
• Always search for and collect smart cards. These are cards that can be easily fused into a run. For example, 7 of any suit can be put together with 5 & 6 of the same suit and can also work with 8 & 9 of the same suit.
• Jokers are essential in the game of rummy and you need to focus on making the best use of your jokers. Always use the joker card to finish a run or set of higher points value. Another thing is to attempt to not use a joker in a natural run.
• Waiting eternally for a precise card to meld a run is not a sensible thing to do. You need to regularly look at your cards and keep re-examining them to make changes.
• When you are organizing your cards, do it in a way that makes it easier to play. One method to do that is to keep alternating the colours. This way you will not be jumbled up when it comes to keeping or discarding a card.
• Do not hold on to cards for too long. The best thing to do is keep on discarding cards that are not being used particularly if their points value is high.
Actions for winning at rummy
We all know that to win at rummy we need to develop the correct skills for it. The skill you require for playing Indian rummy online includes the skill to weigh the points of your cards and use them to the best of their use and also being aware of what your rivals are up to. You can be sure that a good rival will do the same thing. You can trick him/her/them by using some of the following tricks:
• While picking cards from the open pile for a run, you should be aware of the fact that you are giving a pointer to your rivals about your game. You can puzzle them by tossing a card (that you may have two of) that is part of a sequence.
• You can also trick your rival into delivering you with cards that you need. This can work when you are really looking for a card to form a set. For instance, you are melding a set of three Queen Cards and you have Queen of Hearts & Clubs, then discarding a King of Spades will confuse your rival who may then discard a Queen of Spade, which is what you need! This route of deceiving and getting your rival to throw down the card you want is called baiting and fishing.
*The above given rummy game tips and tricks or strategy are to be used as guidelines and do not promise that you will win the game. Keep reading GutshotMagazine.com for similar 'Rummy Gyaan' articles.