Beginners guide to three card poker!
by Manthra Koliyer
Posted on 06 Oct, 2020
Three card poker is a casino table game, also frequently known as three card brag. Introduced in 2002 by Derek Webb, this game was a huge hit with players and has remained a preferred poker option for the ones that love a quick game!
The casino variant of Three card poker was first created by Derek Webb in 1994 and patented in 1997. Webb’s goal was to create a version of poker that played with the speed of other table games. One of his main aims was to create a game that had easy rules to understand, the payouts were large enough to attract players, and the house edge was enough that casino owners would be interested in adopting the game.
- The game begins when the player places an ante wager and/or a pair plus wager, betting that they will have a hand of at least a pair.
- The croupier then gives out three cards face down to each player and to the dealer. The benefit in three card poker is that you play against the dealer and not other players at the table.
- The player will then determine to place a play wager (equal to the amount they put as the ante wager) to pit his hand against the dealer’s hand. The player should ‘play’ all hands greater than queen, six and four and fold all the other hands that are worse.
- If a player folds, the hand is over and the dealer will collect the player’s ante wager and pair plus wager. If the player places a play wager, the cards will be turned over to determine if the player has a better hand than the dealer.
- If the dealer has a hand of jack-high or worse, the play wager is returned to the player. If the dealer has a hand of queen-high or better, both the play wager and the ante are paid out at one to one if the player has a better hand than the dealer.
- If the dealer’s hand is superior, both the ante and play bets go to the house. The pair plus bet is determined completely independent to what the dealer has.
Poker hand rankings one must follow while playing three card poker :
The first variation of three card poker was called Casino Brag and was later changed to Three Card Poker. In 1931, Nevada legalized gambling and this game started to appear in land based casinos and has been modified and played along with other poker variations. From the basics of poker to poker variants like Whiskey Poker
, Razz Poker
and much more, keep an eye on GutshotMagazine.com
Beginners guide to Whiskey Poker
Beginners guide to a dice game called ‘Cr...
Can poker make you a better investor?